GS-911 Diagnostic tool for BMW motorcycles
Turn your PC or mobile phone into a powerful fault-finding tool...
In the true spirit of adventure associated with your motorcycle, the GS-911 tool is also available with a Bluetooth interface, allowing you to use it with most modern mobile phones (including BlackBerry)... no need for anything else...
(screenshots taken off a Nokia E-70)
What models are covered in GS-911?
Please refer to the Function-Model-Matrix (Function Chart), as support for other models is continuously being added!
Shown here are some of the models covered in either of the full release or the latest Beta.
HP2, HP2 Megamoto, R1200GS, R1200GS Adventure, R1200RT, R1200R, R1200ST, R1200S, R1200S HP2
R1150GS, R1150GS Adventure, R1150RT, R1150R, R1150RS (single- and twin-spark on all models)
R1100S (single and twin-spark)
R850C, R850R, R850RT
K1300GT, K1300R, K1300S
K1200GT, K1200R, K1200R Sport, K1200S,
K1200LT, K1200GT (non-CAN), K1200RS
F800S, F800ST, F800GS, F800GS Adventure,F800R, F700GS
F650GS (800cc 2 cylinder)
F650CS, F650GS, F650GS Dakar (single- and twin-spark on all models)
G650Xchallenge, G650Xcountry, G650Xmoto
C1, C1-200, C600 Sport, C650 GT
Upcoming model support:
see our roadmap...
What systems does it cover?
This depends on the bike model, but in general we cover the following (please refer to the Function Chart):
- Engine controller (BMS-K, BMS-KP, BMS-C, BMS-CII, BMS-E, MA2.4, KMS-K16)
- ABS (ABS-II, ABS-N, Integral-ABS, Integral-ABS-CAN, Integral-ABS2-CAN, ABS8, ABS8MOC)
- Central Vehicle Electronics (ZFE-Basic (low, mid, high), ZFE-Low, ZFE-High(full, no-ESA, ESA-only))
- Instrument cluster (Kombi-H, Kombi-L, Kombi-7x, Kombi-2D, Kombi-18)
- DWA (Anti-Theft Alarm system)
- RDC (Tyre Pressure Control)
Note: Not all motorcycles have all the systems. Please reference the Function Model Matrix (Function Chart) to see exactly what systems are covered on the individual models.
What functionality does it have?
- Read Diagnostic Fault Codes This shows the Fault codes and text descriptions of the faults stored on the Electronic Control Unit.
- Shows ECU information See hardware and software versions, manufacturing dates, and other manufacturer related data.
- Clears Diagnostic Fault Codes Enables you to erase fault codes once the problem has been fixed.
- Real-time Analog and Digital values for Engine control units View and log the real-time values (very dependent on the type of controller)
- Service Functionality This differs from model to model and controller to controller, and ranges from Service Reminder resets, output tests adaptation resets etc. See the Function Chart for more detail.
GS-911 hardware is available as two offerings:
|GS-911usb:||The interface has USB only||Allowing you to connect your PC/Laptop to your BMW motorcycle through USB.|
||The interface has USB & Bluetooth||Identical to the GS-911usb above, with an additional integrated buetooth module, allowing you to connect your PC/Laptop to your BMW motorcycle through USB, as well as use your mobile phone or Blackberry, in stead of you PC, to read the Fault Codes etc...|
GS-911 software is available as two offerings:
|The Windows PC software||works with both the GS-911usb and GS-911blu interfaces||This is the main software for the GS-911 product. It works with both the GS-911usb and GS-911blu hardware interfaces, and connects to the PC through USB. Advanced Windows users can us the Bluetooth connection (if they have one available on their PC/Laptop) to connect to the GS-911blu interface (instead of the USB), giving you the freedom of a wireless connection...|
|The Mobile software||works with only the GS-911blu interface||There are several different versions of the Mobile software, intended to run on their respective different hardware platforms. These versions are:
Still confused? read more on "Which GS-911 software to use"
As of middle of February 2009, we introduced the Professional version - This applies to the Windows PC software only! read more on "How do the Professional and Enthusiast versions differ?"
Still confused? read more on "Help me select the right GS-911" or click on the image below
Not convinced yet?
See what some of our customers say... in the Customer Feedback section
Want to read some more? Here are some early reviews of GS-911.
Copyright (c) HEX Code 2015