If the device status LED is flashing Red/Orange continuously, it could indicate a boot failure. If the device status LED is continuously flashing Green at 5Hz, it could indicate a boot loop.
This may occur if the device was powered down during a firmware upgrade and will require firmware recovery.
The process is as follows:
- If you have not done so already, download the latest version of the PC WiFi utility here:
- Close any instances of GS-911 PC Application or the PC WiFi utility that may be running.
- Unplug the device from the motorcycle and USB, ensuring that it is OFF.
- Press and hold the red(Wifi toggle) button and plug the device into USB to power it up, whilst holding the red button in.
- Release the red button after it is powered up.
- Do not open the Wifi utility, but right click on the WiFi utility icon in the system tray and select "Check for updates".
- This should start the upgrade process to recover the firmware on the device, follow all the relevant prompts and if any errors or failures occur, click "OK" and repeat the process from step 6 above, it may take several attempts.
- Once the upgrade is completed, click “OK” then you can run GS-911 or the PC WiFi utility as per normal and reconfigure/test the device.