How to Configure Full Internet Access On BlackBerry
...this is taken from the blackberryforums.com
This is how to configure your Blackberry if you want to do any of the following, especially if you are an individual consumer rather than a big corporate user:
- Check for updates and download the newest version of GS-911!
- Run BES-required Internet software without BES!
- Instant Messaging, AIM, ICQ, MSN (Verichat, WebMessenger, BerryVine, IM+, etc.)
- Full HTML web browsing ability (Reqwireless, BlackBerry Browser, etc.)
- IRC chatting (virca, wlirc, etc.)
- telnet/ssh (Idokorro, etc.)
- No BES needed! No MDS needed!
Easy 1-2-3 Instructions:
- Update your BlackBerryOS - You need BlackBerry with OS 3.8 or later. If you have an older version of BlackBerryOS, please Download BlackBerryOS 4.0 and install it on your BlackBerry first.
- Configure your BlackBerry & Your Carrier - On the BlackBerry handheld, go to Options -> TCP There is a new option in BlackBerryOS 3.8 and later. Then fill in APN with the provided APN listead in the below post, that is appropriate for your carrier. If no username or password is provided, leave these blank. If only a username is provided, then leave in the password. Also, ignore the Gateway IP address, unless your Blackberry specifically has a textbox to enter the IP address in. "APN" means "Access Point Name". Once you have saved the APN information, you should reboot your BlackBerry by removing and reinserting the battery.
- Run your BlackBerry Internet Software - Once you have filled this information, your Internet applications should work on your BlackBerry. TCP/IP makes Internet software work, including chat software: Verichat, WebMessenger, IRC, Telnet/SSH, Web browsing, etc.
Occasionally, some applications on the BlackBerry need to have the gateway or APN information entered directly into them. This is not common.
Once again, have a look at the URL for BlackBerry TCP/IP Configuration Success Reports: